Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of relevant industry experience in technical program management.
- Experience in a regulated industry (i.e. medical devices) and/or experience in product lifecycle management (PLM).
- Experience at managing software programs and influencing cross-functional stakeholders at all levels distributed across global locations.
About the job
10 years of relevant industry experience in technical program management.
- 3 years of experience with organizational change management.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with solid attention to detail.
- Solid leadership, consensus building, and collaboration skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
As a Technical Program Manager providing solutions that enable engineering and operations functions for Google Hardware and Healthcare products, you will be responsible for managing the team’s execution on Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), engineering, operations and quality business systems projects, as well as helping set and manage priorities, schedules, and resources. As a domain expert, you will also influence end-to-end solution design to solve complex business process issues using industry best practices.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Manage, lead, and drive high cost, high-benefit, large-scale software projects from ideation through implementation; own all aspects of delivery (planning, communication, execution, estimation, risk management, stakeholder management).
- Create and maintain the technical implementation plan of record, providing regular updates to stakeholders and leadership cross-functionally.
- Work with partner organizations to manage technical and business aspects of project(s), partnering closely with Product Managers and Engineering Leads to drive alignment and prioritization.
- Define, develop, roll out and continuously evolve development and release processes and tools, with the mindset of driving operational excellence and the ability to scale.
- Develop and execute on organizational change management plans and communications.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.