Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of relevant experience in an accounting firm or corporate tax department.
- Experience with ASC 740, Accounting for Income Taxes.
- Experience preparing federal and state income tax returns for multinational corporations.
About the job
Master's degree in Taxation, JD, or CPA.
- Experience preparing and reviewing income tax filings including the electronic filing process.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet applications and experience with corporate tax preparation software (ONESOURCE, Corptax, etc).
- Strong technical tax skills with emphasis on U.S. federal and state corporate income tax principles. Ability to explain complex tax matters to non-tax personnel.
- Process improvement experience with a demonstrated ability to organize voluminous quantities of complex tax data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Google's in-house tax team knows all things corporate tax. Made up of smart, perceptive Googlers with a flair for domestic, international, and sales and use tax, the knowledge and expertise of this team runs deep. You have years of experience in this field and an extensive knowledge of those tax issues most relevant to internet companies. While we don't give our Googlers individual tax advice, you make it easy for Googlers to get what they need to make good tax decisions. You find ways to work smarter by streamlining and automating our tax processes and systems, and find ways to be both innovative and compliant.
Google's in-house tax team knows all things corporate tax. Made up of smart, perceptive Googlers with a flair for domestic, international and sales and use tax, the knowledge and expertise of this team runs deep. You have years of experience in this field and an extensive knowledge of those tax issues most relevant to internet companies. You find ways to work smarter by streamlining and automating our tax processes and systems, and find ways to be both innovative and compliant.
We are the Tax Reporting Group. Our mission is to organize Alphabet's tax information to make it accessible and useful to our customers. We put our users first and relentlessly hunt process waste and to save time and eliminate risk while emphasizing a healthy disregard for the impossible. Our growing team of experts drives Google's complex and data intensive filings through collaboration and innovation.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Prepare and review U.S. federal and state income tax compliance filings including coordination and supervision of external tax consultants.
- Prepare and review current tax provision calculations including proper calculation of book to tax adjustments from both a technical and mechanical perspective. Ensure timely performance of SOX 404 procedures.
- Maintain tax filing calendar including the preparation and review of tax attribute and current payable roll-forward schedules.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and automation. Drive efficiency and effectiveness both independently and through collaboration with other tax and technology specialists.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.