10 years of experience leading supply chain organizations
- Experience with supply chain and synchronization principles and tools, and continuous improvement/lean methodology programs
- Experience working across operational, financial, and product teams
- Experience leading strategic deployment and planning, developing strategy and plans
About the job
Certifications/qualifications in supply chain and continual improvement/lean methodology
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a multi-level and diverse organization
- Collaborative leader who has ability to lead through a combination of influence and inspiration
The Server Operations team monitors the physical and network infrastructure behind Google’s technology and holds responsibility for keeping the servers, networks, and logistics processes in Google’s global fleet of data centers running smoothly and efficiently.
As a Synchronization Lead, you will shape the supply chain business model for North and South America Data Centers by ensuring processes and programs are aligned to the overall vision, providing feedback at the enterprise level where appropriate, and leveraging industry knowledge to ensure the organization delivers positive results. You will oversee an organization that places the user at the center of all supply chain decisions by providing clarity of vision, strategic thought leadership, setting expectations when delivering results, and identifying emerging trends to ensure the organization has the right customer experience to address trends aligned to the business model and user expectations.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Develop the multi-year synchronized supply chain strategy, best practices and standards for the organization’s integrated supply chain
- Design the supply chain multi-year cost journey to deliver strategic improvements and cost saving expectations of the business
- Enable the optimization, technology roadmap, and analytical solutions to transform and optimize; drive significant improvement in metrics across the supply chain
- Provide organizational capability in supply chain synchronization methodology, tools, systems, and processes; enable the translation into improving and sustaining performance
- Lead communication and alignment on financial performance and goals across the organization
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.