Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: London, UK; Dublin, Ireland
Bachelor's degree in Technology, Engineering, Science or Economics or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience negotiating or supporting the negotiation of bilateral agreements, managing projects of varying sizes, timelines, and scale
- Ability to travel as required.
About the job
Experience with one or more of the following: large collocation, site selection for high-technology, industrial-scale projects, real estate evaluation, acquisition, development, and construction, utility agreements energy-related issues and/or clean energy initiatives.
- Experience or familiarity with range of issues such as indirect taxes, economic development policy, financial modeling, infrastructure development, agreement drafting and redlining, and presentation development.
- Ability to work independently and think dynamically, while understanding and working toward the group and company goals and objectives.
- Ability to independently negotiate a wide array of products, which allows flexibility beyond a domain when a negotiation demands.
Google's infrastructure needs go far beyond server computers. As Google's products and services scale the globe, the Strategic Negotiation team works behind the scenes to secure infrastructure for Google's future - everything from underwater cables to physical data center space. As a Strategic Negotiator, you combine your deep market knowledge of a given sector with tech industry savvy to negotiate cost-effective solutions to support Google's infrastructure growth. You'll work with specific project teams on negotiating deals, managing vendor and partner relationships and presenting deal recommendations to our Tech leadership. Your successful negotiations have the potential to save Google millions of dollars in operating costs and impact every part of the business.
In this role, you'll have a key role in helping to drive location strategy, site selection, and portfolio management for new and existing data centers and related infrastructure. You'll support the development of the company’s global energy portfolio strategy, including identifying and helping in the creation of industry leading renewable energy projects, to support the company’s goal to be 100% carbon neutral. This is a dynamic role, working closely with a broad network of internal stakeholders as well as strategic vendors, worldwide, to support the growth of Google’s products and services, and to provide the infrastructure that will help expand the company’s global reach.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Work with internal and external Technical teams to identify, define, and pursue new site selection projects and initiatives necessary to meet Google's ongoing data center needs. Including the procurement of traditional and green energy for existing and new sites.
- Lead the site selection process from start to finish, monitoring progress against objectives, providing regular status reports, and advocating financial models to support both site and energy-related portfolio decisions.
- Lead the acquisition of appropriate data centers, and develop strategic agreements with vendors, landowners and key suppliers for space and utility services.
- Lead the development, mapping, tracking, and advocating of a broad range of portfolio management issues regarding site/infrastructure development.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.