Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with server-side development or data engineering development
- Experience with a systems language (e.g., Python, Java, Scala, etc.)
About the job
Experience with Big Data databases (e.g., Big Query, Redshift, Vertica, etc.)
- Experience in ELT/ETL development
- Experience with Apache Airflow, Spark, Dataflow, PubSub
- Outstanding SQL skills
A line of code can be many things - an amazing feature, a beautiful UI, a transformative algorithm. The faster this line of code reaches millions of users, the sooner it impacts their lives. As a Software Engineer, Tools and Infrastructure, you will be at the heart of Google’s engineering process building software that empowers engineering teams to develop and deliver high quality products quickly. We are focused on solving the hardest, most interesting challenges of developing software at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity or code health.
We ensure Google's success by partnering with engineering teams and developing scalable tools and infrastructure that help engineers develop, test, debug and release software quickly. We impact thousands of Googlers and billions of users by increasing the pace of product development and ensuring our products are thoroughly tested. We are champions for code health, testability, maintainability and best practices for development and testing.
Having access to all of Google's platforms and vast compute resources provides a unique opportunity to grow as an engineer. We typically work in small, nimble teams that collaborate on common problems across products and focus areas. As a result, the exposure to this broad set of problems provides diverse technical challenges as well as accelerated career growth.
As a data driven company, Waze requires that data be easy to access, highly available, and accurate. In this role, you will help shape, implement, and maintain the architecture, frameworks, tools and processes involved in the data lifecycle at Waze. You will work closely with Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Backend Engineers.
Waze R&D is all about teamwork. The most innovative developers and designers work together in small groups to build products that are used by millions. Engineers work side by side with Product and UX in a fast, creative atmosphere with minimal documentation. Our team members are self-sufficient and problem solvers. We are looking for people who are passionate about Waze, its community and who are always one step ahead in development platforms, new functionality and APIs.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders across the company including other engineering teams, analysts, data scientists. Understand their work, collect requirements and create the relevant infrastructure to assist in their work.
- Create infrastructure to manage and connect the different systems involved in data generation, migration, storage, orchestration, analysis, experimentation, visualization, and more.
- Design and build frameworks needed for storing data, streaming data, ML infrastructure, experimentation, and more.
- Design processes and build infrastructure for CI/CD, deployment, unit testing, code review tools, code repository
- Manage the full data life-cycle collecting needs, researching available technologies, designing architecture, development, maintenance and tuning, ensuring data lifecycle health, and data availability
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.