Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1 year of professional software development experience
- Experience with software development using Java, C++, Python, or another object-oriented programming language
About the job
Hands-on experience designing and developing full-stack system across layers
- Experience owning projects end-to-end
- Ability to distill order and principles from a set of ambiguous constraints and ideas
- Specialization and/or interest in video conferencing, distributed systems, or client-side development
- Excellent technical judgment, able to balance tradeoffs and tensions
- Excellent communication and ability to work cross-org and cross-role
Google Cloud's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google Cloud's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. You will anticipate our customer needs and be empowered to act like an owner, take action and innovate. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google's Video team is responsible for Google's video conferencing products including Google Meet and Google Duo. Our goal is to help consumers, educators, small businesses, Googlers, and enterprise customers leverage the power of video conferencing to enhance their connections with friends, classmates, and co-workers.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Design, develop, and test software systems for Google video conferencing products
- Work with key partners to introduce and/or improve Google video conferencing
- Work closely across various teams and functions (software and hardware engineering, UX, Product Managers, etc.) to create highly integrated experiences
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.