Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel; Haifa, Israel
Bachelor's. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience creating or integrating simulation models of multi-core SoC subsystems at different levels of abstraction (Cycle Accurate, TLM.).
- Experience in C/C++ and scripting languages (e..g, Python).
- Experience with analysis of end to end multi-core SoC workload performance.
About the job
2 SoC Cycles experience in SoC Performance modeling and analysis.
- Experience bringing up full software stacks including Linux, drivers, application stacks.
- Experience in leading technical teams and managing a complex software project
- Experience with systemC.
- Domain knowledge in one or more of additional areas: Caches, Mesh fabric, Coherency, memory controllers, DRAM, PCIe
- Familiarity with design flow, tools, verilog language, and ability to understand, debug and modify a design
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
Our mission at Google System Infrastructure is to build the best HPC SoC in the world for Google services and for Cloud customers, by solving real world business challenges of performance, cost, and scale, utilizing unique hardware, software and system solutions. To better serve the rapidly evolving cloud needs, Google is establishing a world-class team in Israel to develop custom chips for servers. As an SoC Modeling Engineer, you will work closely with internal system teams and SoC architecture team to develop a comprehensive understanding of the SoC we build, the important performance metrics, benchmarks/measuring tools and available optimization knobs. You will define methods and technologies to model SoC performance at different accuracy levels, supporting architectural explorations and decision making. You will then correlate performance projections with measured post-silicon data.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Develop simulators and architectural models of general compute SoCs.
- Collaborate with System architects, SoC and IP architects and designers as well as with software and application experts to understand current and future requirements.
- Participate in architectural and design evaluation of future SoC designs.
- Perform pre-silicon performance simulation and correlate with post-silicon measurements.
- Communicate analysis results in both qualitative and quantitative fashion.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.