Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Nevada City, CA 95959, USA
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 3 years of experience testing, maintaining, and/or launching software products, and 1 year of experience with software design and architecture.
- Experience working with Payments systems.
About the job
Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field.
- 3 years of experience building software for data privacy or security (e.g., identity and access management).
- 1 year of experience in a technical leadership role.
- Full stack experience with debugging, monitoring, throughput and latency, User Interface, or Web Frameworks.
- Experience with distributed systems or large scale data processing.
- Experience working on consumer-facing products and working in the financial industry.
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Payments team is the team within Google that creates Google’s billing and payment architecture, user interface, merchant applications, and consumer applications for everything related to accepting and providing payments. Our mission is to make money simple, helpful, and accessible for everyone.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.Additional Information
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $156,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Design and implement key application programming interfaces (APIs) for banking based forms of payments.
- Work across a global team.
- Collaborate with other programmers to design and implement features.
- Work with Product Managers, cross-team engineers, UX in Payments, Chrome teams, and Android to build features.
- Drive production stability and product excellence.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.