Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience testing, maintaining, or launching software products.
- 1 year of experience with software design and architecture.
About the job
Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3 years of experience with iOS or Android application development.
- 3 years of experience with performance, large scale systems data analysis, visualization tools, and/or debugging.
- 1 year of experience in a technical leadership role.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Experience with technical design and API development.
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Classroom is a learning platform that streamlines assignments, boosts collaboration, and fosters seamless communication between instructors and students. Classroom aims to be the simplest and most efficient way for any K12 educator to manage, measure, and drive student learning outcomes.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve production software.
- Manage individual project priorities with guidance, meeting deadlines and deliverables.
- Code primarily in Java for Android and Object-C or Swift for iOS.
- Be on-call, triaging high priority issues, and release management.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.