Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 15 years of program management and/or supply chain management experience
- Experience in carbon accounting protocols, IPCC Assessment Reports, and net zero emissions strategies
- Experience working with utilities, energy trade associations, energy and sustainability NGOs and advocacy groups, policy makers, and other similar stakeholders
About the job
Experience using Machine Learning to drive energy efficiency in industrial operations
- Experience driving broader environmental programs including water stewardship, air quality, and biodiversity
- Ability to develop and achieve strategic goals and evolve strategy based on research, data, and industry trends in an innovative and fast-paced environment
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Google’s Supplier Responsibility team is chartered with ensuring that work done on our behalf is done in accordance with our values and expectations. We work across Google, with our suppliers, and in the communities where our suppliers operate to drive positive social and environmental impact.
In this role, you will help to accelerate the transition of our supply chains to clean energy and zero emissions. We are pursuing many parallel efforts to achieve this goal: technologies to reduce the generation of global warming gases, new sources of clean energy, tools to support human adaptation to climate change, and efforts to undo past harm by removing climate warming gases from the atmosphere.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal partner teams in Supply Chain, Sustainability, Energy, Communications, Marketing, and Policy on development and execution.
- Develop systems, processes, and standards to assess, track, and achieve supply chain climate commitments.
- Provide strategic vision and guidance on external communications, narrative, and strategy related to our supply chain climate strategy.
- Be a primary spokesperson for supply chain climate efforts, and ensure recognition for the work Google’s supply chain is doing through advocating and engaging in relevant industry groups, public policy forums, and helping to influence public policy and industry standards.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.