Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Chicago, IL, USA; New York, NY, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, other technical or quantitative degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience designing, deploying data and analytics solutions.
- 3 years of experience managing or leading teams, providing technical leadership.
- Experience working with SQL or similar tools.
About the job
Experience in one or more of these domains: Finance, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Business Intelligence (BI), Master Data Management (MDM), Big Data Analytics, and Data Science.
- Experience as engineer/product manager in data and analytics and/or business systems space.
- Experience of delivering business insights and solutions through statistical modeling and machine learning.
- Experience with implementing SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, or other large ERP systems and applications (on premise and cloud based).
- Experience using Agile methods and practices through multiple teams (Scrum and Kanban).
- Proficiency in one or more data visualization tool or platform (DataStudio, Tableau, Looker etc.).
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. The Procurement team is a centralized team which is tasked with building procurement scale and efficiency while maintaining the independence and nimbleness of Google’s product team. The complexity and growth of Google’s procurement activity has increased and resulted in the formation of the Google Procurement Organization (GPO). Our goal is to unlock value for Google to reinvest in what matters most.
You will work within the Center of Excellence (CoE) team within GPO who is responsible for enabling and ensuring a consistent approach across the entire Procurement Organization through deep data insights, and agile simple processes and technology. As a Senior Manager, you will lead multiple data efforts in a fast growing team across data platforms, insights, and analytics for the entire Google wide supplier and category spend.
- Lead a team of Product Managers/ Technical Program Managers responsible for building high impact data platforms and analytics solutions.
- Author data product vision, set strategy, and provide inputs to product requirements documents (PRDs).
- Own and drive complex technical data platforms and analytics projects from planning stages through to execution.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders both within Finance and more broadly across Google.
- Partner effectively with large cross-functional teams across Engineering, Finance, Legal, People Operations, and other teams.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.