Bachelor's degree in a Design field, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Portfolio featuring your visual and interaction design in a web, mobile, and wearable contexts.
About the job
Experience with prototyping and having a design strategy focusing on Health and Fitness.
- Experience building a strong product narrative that leverage user research and metrics.
- Experience with making abstract ideas and requirements into tangible artifacts that enable a cross-functional team to align on a vision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Ability to thoughtfully craft detailed use cases and contingencies.
In this role, you will help drive user-centered strategy and design solutions to deliver our growing body of Health experiences. With Fitbit’s recent integration into Google as its consumer health and fitness brand, we are on an amazing journey to pursue our vision of helping everyone in the world be healthier.
Fitbit’s diverse line of innovative products of smartwatches, trackers and smart scale help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Our products deliver personalized experiences, insights and guidance through leading software and interactive tools to support our users’ health and wellness. Partnering with Google will expand our resources and global platform, and we will be able to accelerate innovation in the wearables category to scale faster, and make health even more accessible to everyone.
- Uncover user needs in the medical portion of holistic health (fitness, wellbeing, medical).
- Evolve the UI to ensure we are delivering an approachable, trusted and engaging experience.
- Build strong product narratives that leverage user research and metrics.
- Collaborate with senior and staff UX team members to communicate a direction and point of view.
- Build cross-product area and cross-functional consensus.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.