Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in financial planning and analysis, corporate finance, accounting, or related field.
About the job
MBA or Master's degree.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment and comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to turn data into actionable insights.
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with effective business judgment.
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. Working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
As someone who knows the workings of the core Finance team inside and out, you'll lead individual projects to transform planning, tracking and control processes. You'll provide senior level management with insightful recommendations, planning and reporting support.
The Core Finance team serves as trusted advisors to the business leadership team, ensuring resource allocation, driving scenario planning, and helping our business leaders identify opportunities to maximize value and improve operation (e.g., developing financial budgets and forecasts, producing return on investment cases, monitoring key performance indicators).
In this role, you will partner directly with the Machine Learning (ML) Pillar Leads to help drive decision making and investment decisions.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Manage and lead decision-making through clear yet detailed analytical insights to address the underlying business drivers and market trends, quantify risks, and propose efficient use of resources.
- Engage in ad-hoc analyses and provide communications and recommendations to management.
- Provide a Finance point-of-view on returns and risk, engage in discussions with business partners, and influence decision-making.
- Develop and support annual planning, forecasting, and analysis.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.