Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in financial planning and analysis (FP&A), consulting, or a related function, or 8 years of experience with a relevant advanced degree.
About the job
Track record of successfully leading and developing teams.
- Proven success in planning and managing at both the strategic and operational level; organized, detail-oriented, strategically focused and ability to multitask in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to communicate complicated analysis, logic, and solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent business partnering, influencing, and presentation skills.
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. Excellent at working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to address big picture challenges.
You are both a manager and a mentor, providing financial leadership and analytical support to partners of the core Finance team as well as giving your own team the support they need to become financial experts. You'll keep management informed on key financial metrics and work to improve financial operation practices throughout your region.
In this role, you will be part of the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) function and will provide financial and analytical insights and business planning support to the Devices and Services Marketing team. You will engage and drive Google’s devices and services business. In this critical role, you will dissect complex problems, deliver insights, and help leaders throughout the business make critical strategic and operational decisions. Our mandate is to identify opportunities to increase returns on our marketing investments through analytics and provide marketing and product leaders with a deep understanding of marketing impact on brand, product adoption and business returns. This includes setting performance goals, developing financial forecasts and return on investment analyses, monitoring key performance indicators and driving the scaling and automation of financial processes.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Partner with Devices and Services Marketing leadership team to evaluate, structure, and execute business plans, growth initiatives, investment strategies, and new product launches.
- Oversee all aspects of the budgeting and forecasting and partner with the business to evaluate the productivity of business operations and proactively identify areas for efficient use of scarce resources.
- Cultivate strong relationships and collaboration across numerous internal touch points with marketing, sales, finance, and product.
- Drive actionable analyses and recommendations for investment prioritization, business generation, product, partnership, and customer acquisition strategies.
- Construct executive level presentations and present complex analytical findings in clear, concise, and decision-impacting manner. Build excellent analytical tools and business assets to measure business results, key success metrics, and financial performance and profitability drivers.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.