Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in virtualization or cloud native architectures in a customer-facing or support role within the healthcare industry.
- Experience with database technologies, administration and management tools, performance tuning techniques, SQL, troubleshooting, and data migration strategies to cloud.
- Experience in performing technical presentations or public speaking.
About the job
MBA or Master's degree.
- 4 years of experience in technical sales or professional consulting in the fields of systems integration, data transfer/management, and enterprise database performance.
- Experience optimizing database performance with respect to transactional and/or analytic workloads.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery and data backup strategies.
- Ability to quickly learn and work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Customer Engineer for the Healthcare and Life Sciences focusing on Data Management, you will utilize both your technical and communication skills to address all aspects of the data lifecycle. You will join Google’s efforts in modernizing the healthcare industry through the adoption of Google Cloud Platform, and help lead changes that can positively impact patient care, revamp, and improve the experiences of both healthcare workers and those seeking care.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Identify and qualify business opportunities and key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Support the technical relationship with customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination and prioritization of solutions impacting customer adoption of Google Cloud.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, and platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other events as required.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.