Associate's degree in Safety/Mechanical/Thermal Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of product safety experience with Information Technology Equipment, and obtaining international product safety approvals.
- Experience with test equipment (oscilloscopes, hi-pot testers, electronic loads, data acquisition units), and using UNIX/Linux.
- Experience with product delivery lifecycles and networking principles.
About the job
Experience with networking principles (e.g., TCP/IP, Physical and network layers of OSI Model, SSH, Telnet).
- Experience setting up, obtaining, and maintaining industry standards lab accreditation; ability to write test scripts.
- Experience working within a team environment.
- Ability to execute efficiently with minimal supervision and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
Google's custom-designed machines make up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Hardware Testing Engineering team ensures that this cutting-edge equipment is reliable. In the R&D lab, you design test equipment for prototypes of our machinery and develop the protocols used to scale these tests for the entire global team. Working closely with design engineers, you give input on designs to improve our hardware until you're sure it meets Google's standards of quality and reliability.
As a Safety Test Engineer, you will work closely with hardware testing and design teams, other product safety engineers, and suppliers to understand project architectures. You will conduct safety testing to extract data to validate that all safety goals are met in accordance with relevant standards and specifications. In this role, you will use safety, electrical, networking, mechanical, and software fundamentals to test various Information Technology Equipment.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Prepare, exercise, and configure equipment under test and record test data in accordance with industry standards.
- Analyze test data, perform calculations, and prepare documentation.
- Maintain in-house test labs and product technical files.
- Oversee Safety Lab test equipment and fixtures by assuring all equipment is operational and calibrations are current.
- Support testing at third-party test labs.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.