This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
Bachelor's degree in Business, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of experience that includes supporting or leading cross-functional projects
- Experience related to risk management, internal controls, and SOX compliance
About the job
Master's degree or MBA
- Experience working in risk management programs, as an internal or external auditor or in SOX compliance
The Finance Operations team manages Google's cash transactions on a global basis and ensures that Google's incoming and outgoing cash processes are controlled, effective and efficient. As a member of this team, you'll find innovative ways to manage our complex set of transactions. You'll make processes more efficient and scalable, work to ensure the highest level of quality of our operations, and proactively minimize operational risk. Externally, you collaborate with our extended workforce partners and internally, you will collaborate across the multiple areas of the Financial Operations team.
The Revenue to Cash Operations (RCO) team manages Google's Order-to-Cash processes globally across our product areas. We ensure Google’s business growth is transformed to cash in an efficient, controlled, and compliant manner. Our team powers Google's growth by creating innovative ways to manage our billing and payment transactions, making processes more efficient and scalable, minimizing operational risk, integrating Google acquisitions and new products, connecting with new payment, invoicing partners, etc.
As a Risk & Controls Manager in RCO, you will design, plan, and implement risk management initiatives across process areas. You will advise the RCO leadership on operational risks, as well as propose, plan and execute mitigation actions that will involve external and internal stakeholders and teams.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Perform risk assessments, drive risk management policies and mitigation to strengthen governance for Revenue to Cash organization (RCO)
- Partner with process owners to develop, maintain and test business continuity plans for RCO; partner with software engineers to review system designs and implement critical controls; Drive implementation of features to enhance risk management system
- Manage quality assurance program to monitor effectiveness of controls, identifying and driving gap remediation; Track, investigate, remediate incidents with financial, operational, or reputational impact
- Champion education programs by designing a curriculum and trainings to strengthen risk management skills across the RCO team
- Maintain a healthy RCO SOX program, liaising with process owners and Finance SOX Project Management Organization regularly and during internal and external audits. Support scoping activities, preparation of narratives and walkthroughs and design of SOX controls and remediation actions
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.