Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of industry experience or an educational background in one or more of the following areas: Finance/Economics/Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Experience in managing engineering Bill of Materials, product change Management, and product data management.
- Program Management experience.
About the job
2 years of consumer electronics experience.
- Experience across all phases of product development from prototype to mass production to end-of-life.
- Experience working on hardware products defining Bill of Materials structures and product documentation.
- Ability to influence peers and managers in cross-functional and global teams.
- Computer applications skills, highly organized, and excellent attention to detail; quick learner with creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Product Lifecycle Management experience either in Oracle Agile or Siemens Teamcenter.
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
In this role, you will be the primary force driving effective management of product data throughout the entire product lifecycle. Your work will directly contribute to the creation and maintenance of data that is the backbone for supply chain, product operations, and cost management. You will work with the engineering team, product team, operations and external partners to enable the development, launch, and sustainability of the product.
You will help manage the Bill of Materials and product data management from concept to end-of-life for all Devices and Services hardware products.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Proactively engage with engineering and product teams to plan Product Lifecycle Management activities (Parts, BOMs, SKUs, Engineering Changes, etc.)
- Manage and execute the creation and audit the release of product data in Agile Personalized Location Model.
- Ensure the Product Bill of Materials is complete and accurate throughout the product lifecycle.
- Take ownership of Product Lifecycle Management processes and policies and drive adoption with stakeholders.
- Develop excellent strategic sourcing interdisciplinary acumen and serve as a champion of Product Lifecycle Management within the Global Operations team.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.