Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program management.
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering teams.
About the job
Experience in e-commerce, including domain expertise in new product introduction, systems (inventory, order, and content management), and logistics/supply chain management.
- Ability to independently build and lead project plans, roadmaps, and balance priorities driving projects to completion.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As part of the Google Store Engineering Program Management team you will lead and drive efforts across functions including Product, Engineering, UX, Marketing, Sales, and Operations teams to launch new products, features, and services on our site. Our team is highly collaborative and focuses on programs that will have the most impact to grow the business.
Many of our projects are highly complex and require internal integrations and external integrations with outside parties with significant operating dependencies (logistics, planning, business systems, finance, legal, etc.). It will be your responsibility to ensure optimal collaboration and project execution across all key functional stakeholders.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Partner closely with and lead collaboration between representatives from all teams necessary to build and launch new products and features on the Google Store from the early stages of locking requirements through design, project scoping and planning, engineering development, testing, and post-launch issue identification and resolution.
- Provide status reporting, including the identification of key risks and mitigation plans, throughout project lifecycles to key stakeholders, including executive teams.
- Manage the coordination of any critical dependencies and/or integration points with partner organizations inside Google and/or external partners as necessary to deliver the intended product/feature on time.
- Represent programs from the business, product, and technical perspective in product/feature roadmap planning, OKR planning, sustaining operations planning, and stakeholder and executive briefings.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.