Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Chicago, IL, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of experience running data management projects focusing on the governance and management of data
- Experience in data warehousing, big data, business intelligence, reporting, and analytics
About the job
Experience working with web-scale databases
- Experience building scalable data pipelines capable of aggregating and processing a large number of events per day.
- Experience as a Program Manager or Team Lead, implementing analytics and reporting solutions such as data warehousing or business intelligence
- Experience in analytics
- Ability to visualize business data and metrics through dashboards or other reporting tools
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals and align data initiatives with the overall Finance strategy
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. Working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
As someone who knows the workings of the core Finance team inside and out, you'll lead individual projects to transform planning, tracking and control processes. You'll provide senior level management with insightful recommendations, planning and reporting support.
As a Data and Analytics Program Manager, you will play a critical role in developing and executing programs to derive value from financial data, through reporting and analytics.
You will develop solutions to high visibility data challenges. Combining business acumen, technology, and innovation you organize data, enable insights, and collaborate to help create a data-driven and efficient Finance organization.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Partner with Finance, product, analytics, and engineering organizations to drive the long-term development of Google’s financial data infrastructure.
- Understand Google’s internal products, tools, and Finance business processes.
- Work with engineering partners to help shape and drive the development of Google’s data analytics infrastructure, including data integration, reporting, machine learning, and analytics platforms.
- Monitor, measure, and communicate program progress, potential risks and delays, and team performance to project teams, executives, and sponsors.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.