Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in hardware, product marketing, and/or consumer marketing.
About the job
Experience thinking strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations, action plans, and campaigns.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven, and tech-centered work environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Google Hardware’s strategic and industry position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative and strategic thinking skills.
- Analytical mindset with strong quantitative reasoning.
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As the Product Marketing Manager on the Pixel Marketing team for phones and accessories, you will be responsible for overseeing our product marketing efforts for Pixel phones working closely with Product Management teams to help define the product roadmap through consumer insights.
You’ll work closely with key stakeholders to define positioning and messaging while focusing on awareness, engagement, and retention. You will work closely with strategic external partners as well as cross-functional stakeholders across the organization and the regional marketing teams.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems-from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can-changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Define and evolve Phone and accessories product positioning, messaging and branding.
- Conduct product research that offers insights into the industry, needs and wants of global consumers, and identify product gaps to better satisfy end-user needs.
- Help cross-functional marketing and channel teams to position, message, and execute the marketing campaign across multiple touchpoints.
- Work with cross-functional teams to translate the user needs and wants into product requirements. Drive long-term product roadmap along with the Product Management and Engineering teams.
- Work with Product Management, Research and Analytics, Engineering, Sales, Corporate Marketing, and Public Relations to define and execute on product launch and adoption strategies.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.