Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience creating product roadmap(s) from conception to launch, driving product vision, defining go-to-market strategy, and leading design discussions
- Experience leading teams in a technical organization
- Experience influencing multiple stakeholders without direct authority
About the job
Experience working on games and/or have a strong passion and familiarity with playing games
- Experience working with media apps/software
- Ability to build a strong product narrative which clearly articulates the motivation for the project, goals, and path to success
- Ability to present to groups of people, including senior leadership, and do so in an influential manner
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
The Media Verticals team within Search is focused on building content forward, engaging experiences for users, such as what to watch and music search results pages. As a Product Manager, you will lead the Video Game business area, helping users learn about key games, connect with other gamers, decide what to play and more. You’ll lead the vision, strategy, and execution of enhancing Google’s video game search experience.
- Drive the product roadmap and vision for video game search on mobile and desktop to grow search and engagement with innovative new features and quality improvements.
- Partner closely with engineering, marketing, UX, user research, analytics with longer-term partnerships with Google TV, YouTube and other teams to drive joint roadmap and features.
- Own a complex set of projects and be accountable for both execution and setting direction for their projects and work with cross-functional and cross-product area stakeholders regularly to identify and acquire resources as needed to be successful.
- Define solutions for more complex user needs, and be perceived by team members in both Design and Engineering as not just a facilitator but a full partner/leader in innovation.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.