Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience working in internet technologies, related policy and regulatory environments and challenges affecting the internet, free expression, online safety, and content moderation
- Ability to speak and write in English and Spanish or Portuguese fluently
About the job
MBA, Master's degree, other advanced degree, or related work experience
- Experience working with one of the following: internet technologies, related policy and regulatory environments and challenges affecting the internet, free expression, online safety, and content moderation
- Experience using data/technology to identify and solve complex business challenges or experience diagnosing operational pain points and leading efforts to reduce these issues
- Experience working with, influencing and facilitating with a broad array of cross-functional stakeholders and excellent communication skills
- Understanding of LATAM and Brazilian sociopolitical environment, current events, and cultural nuances
As a Policy Specialist, you will be key to ensuring the success of your team to create and improve processes, analyze and create policies with supporting documentation, and coordinate communications across the team. You will join a team responsible for setting a strategy for the team’s engagement with the Latin America Regional Legal and Public Policy teams on content removal requests, and prioritizing users’ and Legal Removals’ needs. This may include developing/launching policies and processes to scale requirements from upcoming legislation regarding content moderation issues. You’ll also work with legal removal requests (including government requests) from receipt to resolution, which entails reviewing and processing online content based on internal policy.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Analyze policy and legal challenges facing technology platforms and make recommendations on how Google should address them.
- Develop, launch, and enforce scalable policies and processes for working with legal content removal requests from Latin America and Brazil.
- Serve as a strategic advisor and liaison to cross-functional stakeholders, including Legal, Public Policy, Trust and Safety, and Engineering. Partner with technical teams to drive and coordinate the development and maintenance of Legal Removals tools and processes.
- Engage and communicate with users, governments, and other internal and external stakeholders on policy issues, and resolve high-profile policy escalations to ensure legal policy analysis and recommendations consider all teams’ perspectives.
- Review or be exposed to sensitive content and work occasional off-hours coverage rotations.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.