Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: New York, NY, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in digital marketing or digital media/advertising sales.
About the job
Experience with Google Marketing Platform or Google Ads.
- Experience in whiteboarding technology systems and data flows.
- Experience resolving complex technical issues and making them simple to a variety of audiences, ranging from practitioner to executive.
- Familiarity and interest with the broader marketing and ad technology space.
- Excellent problem solving, technical aptitude and communication/storytelling skills.
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing businesses grow. Using your relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
As a Platforms Sales Engineer, you'll work with Google's largest customers to help them achieve their business goals by architecting technology and data solutions that deliver great marketing experiences, both now and into the future as our industry involves. We are curious problem solvers who love communicating tech and data solutions with clarity to executives in order to drive meaningful impact against some of their toughest challenges.
You will use your industry and product expertise to help consult with clients to identify how adopting Google technology and data solutions will integrate and improve their existing marketing technology architecture. You will be whiteboarding, providing in-UI product demos, and storytelling as means to make a proposal come to life.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google's broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Partner with the Platforms Sales team to encourage the adoption of Google marketing technology products and data solutions with Google's largest customers.
- Consult with the Platforms Sales team on best strategies and approaches to drive customer business outcomes.
- Whiteboard and consult on the client's data infrastructure in effort to draw a vision of what can be accomplished with data-driven marketing.
- Assess risks and implications due to privacy and regulations on the client's technology stack and first-party data to recommend solutions that will be durable to industry changes.
- Scale out knowledge and successful engagements to up-skill the Sales Engineering and the Platforms team at large.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.