Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program management.
- Wireless industry experience in modem/telephony, radio systems, antenna design, wireless communications, cellular network infrastructure, radio access network technologies (2G/3G/4G/5G), or carrier certification and industry standards.
About the job
Experience managing carrier certification including scheduling, testing, and execution.
- Knowledge of modem/telephony technology stack and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge in cellular radio technologies and features (e.g., 4G, LTE, VoLTE, 4X4 MIMO, 5G, antenna design, etc.) and their deployments among global cellular network operators.
- Familiarity with industry standard certification bodies such as PTCRB and Global Certification Forum.
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
The Pixel Carrier Program Management team’s mission is to plan, deliver, and optimize Pixel Carrier Approvals. Obtaining carrier type-approval is a complex development and integration process involving Carrier ranging, compliance, feature development, extensive testing, engineering samples, issue management, and operations over a development and launch cycle. The team's goal is to to manage this process smoothly across Pixel programs, defining and delivering key program milestones to launch on-time with excellence.
As a Program Manager on this team, you will manage product launch executions for Pixel hardware and software programs as well as support our phone roadmap and technology profile.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Manage all aspects of Carrier Type approval process including carrier requirements delivery, sample management, certification schedule, and packaging requirements.
- Collaborate with software teams to route and prioritize carrier-related issues.
- Work with the launch team to optimize the on-shelf date for products.
- Anticipate issues and propose solutions, manage dependencies and cross-functional issues, and identify the need to develop or improve tools/processes.
- Collaborate with peers on program updates and represent the Pixel Carrier team in product meetings as needed.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.