Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Chicago, IL, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance; CPA, CA, an other professional accounting accreditation, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in public accounting and/or public multinational high-tech companies.
About the job
Experience of defined benefit pension accounting and practices.
- Experience leading and delivering complex cross-functional projects.
- Knowledge of compensation and benefit accounting under US GAAP.
- Excellent analytical skills, combined with solid business judgment, and an ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Well developed business acumen and ability to work with ambiguity.
- Works well both independently and in a team environment.
Our mission is to deliver value to the business through accurate and timely financials, analysis, and insights of compensation and benefit expenses. We do that using processes and structures optimized for risk and efficiency. We achieve this through close business partnership across Finance and operational functions on strategic initiatives, which ensures our accounting processes can adapt and scale ahead of business needs.
As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process operations. You'll advise on financial reports required by government regulations, and you'll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices, and take initiative to pitch in. You move fast while keeping your attention on the details, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
- Lead the accounting processes for global benefits programs.
- Manage monthly close activities and present month-end results to management.
- Partnering with key stakeholders on new compensation and benefit plans, ensuring programs are treated appropriately under US GAAP and SOX compliant.
- Establishing scalable, efficient, and controllable accounting processes to support compensation and benefit structures.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.