Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in customer-facing roles including: sales engineering, consulting, or technical support.
- Ability to speak and write in English and German fluently.
About the job
GCP Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer, CISSP, Security+ or other industry security certifications.
- Broad product and solution knowledge of market trends in the cybersecurity industry such as ransomware, attack frameworks, zero trust etc.
- Ability to recommend solutions to partners based on the services they want to deliver to their customers across Google Cloud Platform (GCP) solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
As a Partner Sales Engineer, you will work with the Google Cloud Security - Chronicle Partner and Sales teams to grow and to develop the technical capacity of our Google Cloud Security partner ecosystem. You will help recruit, launch and grow our partners (including Global System Integrators), enabling their technical teams and assisting them and joint customers in their technical journey with Google Cloud.
The Chronicle Sales Engineering team is specifically focused on supporting our partners and partner team. The primary role is to become a trusted advisor to our partners and prospects, and help them get as much value out of our Security Solutions as possible. Partner Sales Engineers should be an ally to the Partner Manager in every situation, using both technical and business skill sets to move things forward as efficiently as possible.
Born from X, Alphabet's moonshot factory, Chronicle is advancing cybersecurity for enterprises of all sizes. We are dedicated to helping companies find and stop cyber attacks before they cause harm. We work with the entire security industry to give good the advantage in the fight against cybercrime. Joining experts in large-scale cloud computing, big data, machine learning, and cybersecurity, you'll help build out the next generation of security intelligence solutions.
- Build and execute the technical elements of the Joint Business Plan for assigned partners defined by the Chronicle Channel organization.
- Own the technical relationship with assigned partners and support the overall partner strategy by delivering on key technical goals for assigned partners including driving certifications, expertise and specializations, new offerings developed, creating and closing pipeline and driving business growth.
- Develop Google Cloud practices in assigned partners across presales and technical delivery areas.
- Build partner specific, go-to-market solutions to reduce business cycles and drive partner business as measured through pipeline and business growth.
- Identify and qualify pipelines, new solutions and customers with assigned partners.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.