Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA
4 years of measurement and business analytics experience in a relevant industry.
- Experience with marketing research and statistical modeling (causal inference, regression and classification models).
- Experience with conducting quantitative analyses.
About the job
Experience with experimental design and data-driven measurement solutions.
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised machine learning approaches for both regression and classification tasks.
- Proficient statistical programming skills (R, Python or SQL) with large-scale multidimensional data.
- Understanding of Bayesian modeling framework.
- Ability to apply statistical techniques solely to generate practical solutions for business problems in both the big picture and fine details.
As a Data Scientist, you will play a strategic and technical role in driving all things media, marketing, analytics, and partnering with internal teams to evaluate strategic initiatives. Using first-party and third-party data sources, you will create innovative solutions to demonstrate the effectiveness of Google’s media investment. At Google-scale, this implies working on our industry’s toughest challenges. In this role, you will work with teams operating across regions and marketing entities.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems-from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can-changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Partner with internal teams in all areas including experimentation, measurement, modeling, and audience science.
- Identify patterns and behaviors that are effective predictors of performance and critical drivers for a successful media plan.
- Deliver customer-centric, data-driven approach, based on a people-based marketing strategy to build, segment, and test audiences for best business results.
- Provide support in media strategy, measurement, and optimization.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.