Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in test engineering management, including second level management.
- Experience supporting or leading multiple projects.
About the job
Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer science, Mechanical Engineering, or a similar technical discipline.
- 10 years of experience in technical operations supporting deployment of manufacturing test solutions in various industry technologies such as consumer equipment, networking, server, storage, etc.
- 10 years of technical management experience with expert knowledge in test engineering.
- Experience in software development practices such as Agile, revision control, and unit testing.
Google has one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. Your team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google's powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you're right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google's infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google's infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
In this role, you will leverage your technical expertise to design and analyze products and related data, develop and improve manufacturing test and supportive processes, and provide consultation to vendors, manufacturers, and internal teams. You will lead complex projects to completion by managing resources and activities along the way.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Build/manage a team responsible for performing the Manufacturing Test Engineering function for Google's Platform products. Define team strategy/roadmap, and drive adoption cross-functionally.
- Develop quarterly objectives for the team, aligning with roadmap and overall departmental vision. Assess and manage team performance through regular staff meetings, one on ones, and quarterly assessments.
- Lead early engagement initiatives with Google’s Hardware/Software engineering teams to drive testability into new products.
- Evaluate team workload, develop staffing plans, assign projects, and balance workload. Serve as primary interface to staffing team, creating job descriptions, identifying candidate sources, conducting interviews, and guiding candidates through the hiring process.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership throughout product lifecycles; driving DFx, supporting NPI builds and readying Google's supply chain. Identify gaps and drive improvements in processes, products, and suppliers. Represent the team in cross-functional initiatives.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.