Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in management consulting, technology-focused corporate strategy function, corporate development, venture capital, private equity or investment banking in the technology industry.
About the job
Internet, communications or e-commerce experience.
- Experience across a mixture of investments, mergers and acquisitions, corporate development, consulting, or private equity and experience ranging from startups to mature companies.
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated ability to think full cycle to manage long-term projects, to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to manage teams.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Relevant relationships and contacts in the technology industry and community.
As a member of the Corporate Development team, you work collaboratively across functions (including Product, Legal, Finance and People Operations) to identify, evaluate, and negotiate both acquisition and strategic investment opportunities. You understand the industry landscape and regional nuances, and provide the management team with the needed insight to drive intelligent, sound decision-making. With an air of humility, you bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is - and what could be.
The Corporate Development team drives Google's worldwide growth by identifying exciting acquisition and strategic investment opportunities, and then working to make them happen. Consisting of experienced merger-and-acquisition leaders, investment professionals, strategy and scouting specialists, and integration experts, we're dedicated to identifying the business opportunities of tomorrow. We find and evaluate acquisition and strategic investment opportunities across existing and future markets, drive management team decisions, lead agreement facilitations, and help manage post-acquisition integration and performance evaluation.
The Corporate Development team manages much of our worldwide growth. As a member of the Corporate Development Strategy & Scouting team, you will work collaboratively across internal functions (including Product, Legal, Finance, Go-to-Market, and People Operations) and external networks (investors, accelerators/incubators, service providers, and industry experts) to identify and evaluate both acquisition and strategic investment opportunities globally. You will provide the management team with the needed insight into markets, sectors, and individual companies to drive intelligent, sound decision-making. You will understand the industry landscape and trends, and harness them to enable product and agreement teams to effectively formulate their mergers and acquisitions and strategic investing approach.
- Structure complex problems, gather and analyze massive amounts of information expeditiously, and deliver insights and recommendations to Google and Alphabet’s executive teams.
- Understand and stay current on various regional markets, industry trends, the competitive landscape, and internal product development efforts. Leverage this knowledge to help educate product teams and evaluate agreement opportunities.
- Identify and engage potential mergers and acquisitions or investment opportunities via personal and event networking, technology meet-ups, cold outreach, and industry research. Build connections with investor and start-up ecosystems, and industry experts.
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams, influence decision making within senior-level audiences, and drive management team decisions.
- Lead execution against recommendations quickly and with flawless accuracy.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.