Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or related discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant experience in software development.
- Experience developing applications from the ground up: from UI design, to database structures and application code.
About the job
Experience in supply chain and logistics.
- Experience with Node.js and Angular.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and reporting, and experience with Tableau, Google Data Studio and/or other Business Intelligence tools.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace (Drive, Sheets, Slides, etc.) and cloud technologies (BigQuery, Cloud Storage, App Engine).
- Familiarity with Agile methodology.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and organizational, collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to work in a team environment; excellent design and development skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
The Google Logistics team helps facilitate the supply chain, provides operational-shifting visibility, and serves as the enabling authority for master data to scale the business. The Google Logistics team relies on a variety of in-house built applications and Business Intelligence solutions for all aspects of its operations, and our Tools team creates applications that facilitate the speed-of-doing business and drive frictionless process. In this role, you will use your developer skill set to build the infrastructure to design, develop and maintain business applications solutions for Google Logistics. You will help design and build on Google Logistics’ execution tools.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Play a role in developing execution tools by gathering user requirements, understanding data models and table structures, and coding the applications in a fast-paced, iteration-driven environment.
- Improve code quality through regular code maintenance/tech-debt cleanup, which includes supporting existing tools whenever a bug arises, etc.
- Provide documentation of the codebase, implementing best practices, etc.
- Contribute to ease-of-doing business application development by creating helpful applications, whether it's optimizing inventory, improving service, reducing quality defects, etc.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.