Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; New York, NY, USA
9 years of experience leading multiple projects or programs.
- 5 years of experience working with multiple senior stakeholders with competing priorities.
- People management experience.
About the job
MBA or other advanced degree.
- Experience leading a team of senior individual contributors to deliver on a wide range of programs.
- Experience in operations (technical or non-technical) and/or strategic planning.
- Experience identifying underlying sources of business opportunities and threats, then defining and executing on solutions to address them in a fast paced environment.
At gTech’s Users and Products team (gUP), our mission is to help users get the most out of Google. We represent the voice of Google's users and many of our partners globally, sharing insights with the larger Google organization to enable exceptional customer and product experiences.
gUP builds innovative solutions that take user experience and engagement with Google to the next level, supporting users across products, countries, cultures, incomes, and identities. We advocate for users through partnerships with product areas at Google (and some Alphabet businesses), supporting Google’s consumer products ecosystem and enabling numerous launches for Google’s consumer products each year.
gTech gUP's mission is to help users get the most out of Google, and help products succeed or fail fast. gUP Answers leads Partner, Developer, and Consumer operations across Search, Google Assistant, Hardware Partner Services, Research and Machine Learning, and Web Ecosystems. The Technical and Strategic Programs team within Answers drives the overall business cadence of the global Answers organization and leads critical programs that span our product verticals.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of trusted advisors support customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
To learn more about gTech, check out our video.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $163,000 + bonus + equity + benefits .
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Manage a team of Senior Program Managers, each with a complex portfolio of programs both within and across product verticals.
- Serve in a chief of staff-like capacity for the senior leader in the organization.
- Drive the overall cadence of business planning and operations across the global organization including: annual and quarterly headcount and opex planning; business reviews with gTech and product area executives; and resource optimization.
- Gain consensus across a global team of senior leaders to align on an optimal path forward for the organization on critical programs such as rewards and recognition and ongoing development of the manager community.
- Lead (and coach reports who are leading) high-visibility, complex cross-vertical initiatives in sensitive areas including pending regulation.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.