Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of product management experience shipping consumer features, and experience with connectivity, hardware, and software.
About the job
Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Interested in the mobile industry and working with a diverse ecosystem of partners.
- An understanding of current wireless technologies and services of related products.
- Excellent user experience intuition; demonstrated success in inventing innovative and user-friendly products.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
We own the platform software covering Modem, Wi-Fi, Cellular/Telephony, Telecom, Networking for Android, and Google Pixel. Our near term goal is making Android the best and most reliable connectivity platform. One that always selects the right network at the right time, while saving power in the process. Our longer term goals include revamping how connectivity works in various platforms and to enable new paradigms in connectivity. With new technologies such as 5G, we have the opportunity to define how this works for users, developers, and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) in the entire Android ecosystem.
- Define and execute on the Connectivity vision for Android platform and Pixel, including telephony, networking, 5G, eSim, IMS, and cross-device calling.
- Define and execute connectivity features in Android releases and Pixel device releases.
- Engage externally with SoC vendors, OEMs, Carriers, and Regulators to influence standards, implementations, and adoption.
- Define and execute short term and long term roadmaps to deliver differentiated experiences and technology evolutions.
- Work with internal hardware teams and external partners across multiple different form factors to define requirements for connectivity and ambient SoCs, including phones, hearables, devices and services, tablets/foldables, and laptop computers.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.