Remote locations may be available in the following states: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Chicago, IL, USA; Farmington Hills, MI, USA; Madison, WI, USA
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in customer sales, business development, solution management engineering, or consulting in the automotive industry.
About the job
Experience in customer and relationship management with technology or infrastructure as a service platforms.
- Experience in digital transformation programs for automotive customers as a business consultant or working directly for automotive companies.
- Experience in product management, production planning, manufacturing, distribution, and services in automotive.
- Understanding of cloud technology and economics.
- Ability to engage with developer and C-level IT audiences, work in a fast paced environment, and meet/exceed goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and strategic and analytical thinking skills.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As an Industry Development Manager, you will advocate for the Google Cloud Platform (GCP), promoting technology for business innovation. You'll introduce GCP to our customers, drive awareness in the developer and startup community, and leverage and build the partner ecosystem within the automotive industry.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Help shape the local go to market strategy for automotive in close collaboration with the sales, global automotive solutions, and marketing teams. Accelerate pipeline through active opportunity creation.
- Lead concept and organization of Google Cloud participation at local industry events and ensure high quality customer participation.
- Nurture and expand network of C-level business and IT decision makers within Google Cloud ecosystem together with various teams.
- Work closely with sales and automotive solutions teams to prepare for key customer meetings to showcase Google Cloud impact for innovation in automotive.
- Support leading execution of end-to-end automotive cases with local customers in partnership with other teams. Leverage partners for local market development together with local partner organization.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.