Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in a hardware test or qualification role.
- 5 years of experience with signal integrity, power, and timing.
- 5 years of experience working with Linux/Unix operating systems.
About the job
Master's degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering.
- Experience with electrical testing, analysis, and debug for storage solutions and SSD cards/appliances.
- Experience using protocol analyzers, scopes, and other test equipment in lab environments.
- Understanding of computer systems: physical, functional, logical, mechanical, electrical, software, thermal etc., and how to test the interfaces.
- Understanding of how to test and characterize solutions over a large population using statistical analysis; skilled in data collection to methodically facilitate quick and accurate failure analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Google's custom-designed machines make up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Hardware Testing Engineering team ensures that this cutting-edge equipment is reliable. In the R&D lab, you design test equipment for prototypes of our machinery and develop the protocols used to scale these tests for the entire global team. Working closely with design engineers, you give input on designs to improve our hardware until you're sure it meets Google's standards of quality and reliability.
As a Hardware Test and Qualification Engineer, you will qualify new storage products, solid-state drive (SSD) solutions and specialized hardware for Google's data centers.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Create test plans and coordinate resources across many test environments.
- Perform electrical, reliability, and performance tests to ensure hardware solutions meet Google's requirements.
- Report bugs and drive corrective action where needed with external suppliers or internal development teams.
- Maintain and improve the qualification process.
- Work with Original Device Manufacturers and Joint Development Manufacturer to ensure testing to Google standards.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.