Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, a related technical field.
- 1 year of experience with testing and troubleshooting enterprise server/storage/networking products.
- Experience with Linux or other Unix operating systems.
About the job
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience with bringing up prototype hardware, updating programmable ICs, and performing PCBA mechanical assembly/functional test/simple hardware debug.
- Effective communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills; ability to coordinate and manage the needs of multiple lab users.
- Good understanding of computer systems: physical, functional, logical, mechanical, electrical, software, and thermal etc.
- Self-motivated; ability to follow through on tasks.
As a Hardware Assembly and Test Engineer you'll play a key role in the development of one of the world's most impressive computing infrastructures. You will perform novel and complex configuration of computer hardware and collaborate closely with hardware and software teams to configure lab network and test infrastructure that evaluate and characterize the performance of Google server, storage, and networking products. You will be the keeper of the lab, responsible for the day-to-day operations with pride in cleanliness, organization, and safety, which plays a key role in the rapid development and support of Google’s computer hardware.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Utilize PCB viewer and schematics to implement the best course for rework.
- Debug assemblies and subassemblies using schematics and engineering drawing; Assemble complex systems comprised of smaller subsystems.
- Manage lab tools, test equipment, and parts.
- Perform measurements and use test equipment for simple debugging on issues, such as shorts, incorrect logic levels, or basic signal measurements (i.e., scopes, logic analyzers, DMM).
- Write rework procedures, processes, or wiring lists; Coordinate and schedule team efforts for rework, assembly, or testing of large prototype quantities.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.