Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy/business strategy and operations/business operations, VC/PE, or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in team management.
About the job
Master's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in a role requiring business acumen, analytical problem solving, quantitative analysis, and communicating findings to senior management.
- Experience with organizational design work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and work in a fast-changing environment, with an entrepreneurial approach.
As a Global Strategy and Operations Lead, your role will be to lead the team that drives strategy and direction for Google Marketing across our major products from Hardware to YouTube, Google Play, Search, and more. The Global Strategy and Operations team is made up of business thinkers who work closely with Google’s Chief Marketing Officer to innovate and set global strategy and drive business growth.
You will be a key partner to our CMO, leadership team, and the overall Google Marketing organization. In this role, you will work with teams and collaborate cross-functionally with leaders across Marketing, Finance, Product, and Sales to solve our toughest challenges, driving high priority projects and greater operational excellence.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems-from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can-changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Lead Marketing’s annual strategic planning globally, articulating Marketing’s most critical priorities, and corresponding investment. Develop CEO/CFO/CMO level deliverables.
- Manage and coach junior team members across their projects; own team check-ins, project prioritization, and feedback and development of reports.
- Work across Google’s products to develop solutions to the organization’s toughest strategic challenges and initiatives.
- Improve overall Marketing efficiency and effectiveness by applying a rigorous approach to Marketing’s operational processes.
- Evaluate Marketing performance/impact and make data-driven recommendations for how to adjust our approach to reach our ambitious goals.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.