This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
Bachelor's degree in a business or technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 7 years of experience in finance, management consulting, corporate strategy, process design/improvement, or similar environment, including finance operations and project management experience
- Cross-functional project management experience
About the job
MBA or Master’s degree
- Experience identifying, assessing, and controlling risks on the business generation and payment operations and the ability to anticipate and address roadblocks
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean, or other process improvement methodology
- Advanced communication skills and ability to influence senior level stakeholders through strategic vision setting
- Strong problem solving ability combined with impeccable business acumen and ability to communicate clearly and influence leadership teams in both product areas and finance
The Finance Operations team manages Google's cash transactions on a global basis and ensures that Google's incoming and outgoing cash processes are controlled, effective and efficient. As a member of this team, you'll find innovative ways to manage our complex set of transactions. You'll make processes more efficient and scalable, work to ensure the highest level of quality of our operations, and proactively minimize operational risk. Externally, you collaborate with our extended workforce partners and internally, you will collaborate across the multiple areas of the Financial Operations team.
As a Global Intakes Manager, your team will partner closely with internal stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Finance, General and Administration, and external payment partners to apply quote-to-report and operations knowledge to identify solutions that will help Google grow its business and manage efficient and scalable processes. You will also be responsible to assure processes are implemented with the highest level of quality and proper controls on operational and financial risks.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Manage and mentor individual contributors across Global Intake and Revenue Operations who are supporting cross-functional projects and process design where Revenue to Cash Operations processes are impacted
- Be accountable for multiple large and complex cross-functional projects, providing eloquent solutions to tough problems where stakeholders are director-level or above and each project has multiple stakeholders
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to improve the overall stakeholder experience and drive testing plan and execution, escalating issues and unblocking projects
- Define and execute strategic vision independently, while overseeing operations with partners to achieve process stability and service level agreements through procedures documentation, metrics, and quality reviews. Develop scalable solutions for product areas that cannot be supported through standard operations processes
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.