Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, a quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with accounting principles, including US GAAP/French GAAP, IFRS, and related international accounting standards.
- Ability to speak and write in French and English fluently.
About the job
Relevant experience from accounting practice and/or public multinational high-tech companies.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload while ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to perform continuous process improvement with outstanding attention to detail.
- Team player who demonstrates strong drive for results, shows leadership, and possesses strong facilitating skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. You know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team become more efficient and effective. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and pitch in where needed. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
As a Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for the statutory compliance of a portfolio of companies within the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region. You'll be responsible for the statutory financial and tax filings required by law, and you'll also manage and enhance the financial control environment. As a well-rounded financial advisor, you will guide the business to mitigate risk, support high quality decision making, and help build the financial infrastructure to scale in support of the business.
You will have the opportunity to get involved in improving processes and governance models, to contribute to impactful global and cross-functional initiatives, and to deliver value in the continued expansion of Google’s international operations ensuring operational excellence and the implementation of process and controls to manage and mitigate the risk of incorrect statutory filings.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Be responsible for overseeing the annual statutory financial statements and tax compliance process, including management of the external audit and tax filings for a portfolio of Alphabet companies in EMEA.
- Perform regular in-depth analysis on the financials, ensuring the integrity and financial accuracy of our books and records. Prepare, analyze, and post journals at month end.
- Review reconciliations of key balance sheet account balances including relevant reporting for same.
- Manage the delivery of accounting processes performed by external vendors ensuring that all service levels are met, the internal control environment is robust, and a quality service is provided.
- Represent International Controllership with our business partners through effective communication across a broad network of stakeholders.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.