Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Chicago, IL, USA
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant experience in finance, management consulting, corporate strategy or similar environments, including FP&A and project management experience.
About the job
Process design and implementation experience.
- Knowledge of the following tools/systems: Anaplan, SAP, SQL
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex, cross-functional projects and work as both an individual contributor and within a large cross-functional team.
- Great at influencing through strong relationship management, business expertise and data knowledge to manage a complex set of issues through executive and staff stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, and maintain executive presence and perspective in the midst of changing timelines and rapid decision making
- Superb analytical and quantitative modeling skills; combined with impeccable business judgment.
Financial Managers ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Manager, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. Excellent at working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to address big picture challenges.
You are both a manager and a mentor, providing financial leadership and analytical support to partners of the core Finance team as well as giving your own team the support they need to become financial experts. You'll keep management informed on key financial metrics and work to improve financial operation practices throughout your region.
Learning & Education is a newly formed Product Area comprised of a portfolio of critical products and teams with a shared mission to help everyone in the world learn anything in the world. The Google Scholar, Google Search Education, and Google Arts & Culture teams represent important investments for targeted communities, enabling Google to impact a variety of objectives (scholarly research, promoting and sharing access to culture, etc). The Education focus area is chartered to build a sustainable business out of Google’s Workspace for Education and Classroom products.
You will lead a finance team supporting these products and will serve as the primary business partner to the business and product leadership team. You will work day-to-day with the cross-functional leaders in Learning & Education alongside your team. You will use data to inform investment decisions, identify and secure buy-in on growth and efficiency opportunities, manage and build the financial infrastructure necessary to manage the P&L.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Manage a team of analysts in the execution of their duties, cultivate their professional development, and maintain an inclusive, high-performing team culture.
- Oversee all aspects of the global core finance processes for Learning & Education including leading monthly, quarterly, and annual financial planning cycles.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships across Learning & Education leaders and Finance, collaborating with cross-functional teams and leaders to develop effective investment strategies and risk management, finding solutions to challenges in a rapidly-evolving environment. Influence the outcomes through data-driven analysis.
- Develop frameworks and data/operational infrastructure to forecast and measure revenues and spend globally, at scale. Develop reporting frameworks and infrastructure to provide visibility into revenues, spend, and ROI on a regular basis to leadership.
- Construct executive-level presentations and present complex analytical findings in clear, concise, and decision-impacting manner.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.