10 years of relevant industry experience, including embedded software and systems.
- 6 years of experience in technical leadership and people management.
- Experience in operating systems, software engineering, and design.
About the job
Experience with standards development, including Khronos.
- Familiarity with the graphics ecosystem and the software engineering technical stack.
- Highly motivated team leader with track record managing and growing small- and/or medium-sized teams.
- Strong communication skills; ability to engage with cross-functional (internal/external) partners and stakeholders.
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started - and as a manager, you guide the way.
The Android Platform Graphics team gets pixels onto the screens of billions of devices on dozens of form factors, all at 120hz+, enabling users to have compelling polished applications and game visuals that are power-efficient. To make that happen, we are driving a large number of initiatives, ranging from transitioning the world to ever-better Vulkan-capable GPUs, to advancing the look and feel of Android applications, to improving through tooling and polish our developer-facing API surface.
- Lead and guide the technical and organizational strategy for Android's GPU capabilities.
- Build strong bridges/relationships across both Google and external GPU partners and align our their interests to accomplish our goals.
- Innovate and provide creative solutions to solve difficult technical and organizational challenges.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.