Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of work experience in consumer electronics/embedded system design.
- Experience leading consumer electronics product development.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
About the job
Experience with system integration with focus on mobile power systems, batteries, and Days of Use.
- Experience with: embedded systems, processor selection, various communication protocols (i.e. SPI, I2C, UART, MIPI, DSI), analog design, sensor design, low power design, Cadence/Allegro, various RF technologies.
- Experience with design of mobile phone baseband with power system design.
- Experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification, and manufacturing support.
- Knowledge of Electrical Engineering fundamentals.
- Enjoy working in a lab setting (soldering, oscilloscopes, data acquisition), detail-oriented, contagious enthusiasm, and passion for engineering.
Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Design Google's future products by owning architecture selection, Days of Use model, electrical design, and validation.
- Work with all cross-functional teams (software, product design, industrial design, program management, manufacturing operations) with emphasis working with layout engineering teams, mechanical engineering teams, signal integrity teams, etc.
- Plan and lead validation of your designs: lead complete functional verification, signal characterization, power modeling/test, and system coexistence testing.
- Bring your design to mass production by setting factory test requirements, assisting in software bring up, and traveling on-site to the manufacturer to ensure the design is built and tested successfully.
- Prepare for the future, by working with and managing suppliers/manufacturing partners to establish mutually beneficial relationships for product designs.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.