Bachelor's degree in Optics, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in Display Optics.
- Experience with display design and structure.
- Experience with optical test equipment.
About the job
PhD in optics or related field.
- 10 years of experience in a relevant field or role.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas of display technology: display optical design, display and system assembly/validation process development, or display compensation algorithm development.
- Experience troubleshooting complex issues and design of experiment (DOE) planning.
- Experience with manufacturing requirements for consumer products.
- Passion for building optical setups and making optical measurements.
You will work with hardware engineers on multiple optical and electrical technologies to create and deploy technology capabilities.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Design and ship display modules for Pixel, and own the full life cycle.
- Work with suppliers on design, troubleshooting, and validation to ensure display meets design and system requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and provide design guidance and solutions for system integration and validation.
- Manage and communicate design goals and requirements with vendors. Own end-to-end display module development/qualification.
- Innovate and troubleshoot for challenging issues.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.