Applications will be accepted through July 10th, 2021.
10 years of experience in an executive level role creating UX and product strategy, driving programs, and developing products.
- Experience working collaboratively with senior designers, product managers and engineers at the intersection of design, technology, and business strategy.
- Experience in UX Program Management, Strategy and Operations, or relevant industry experience.
About the job
Experience achieving buy-in and business impact in a creative UX culture.
- Experience collaborating across organizational boundaries, building relationships, and importing and exporting talent and ideas to achieve a broader organizational goal.
- Ability to understand the complex relationship between the organization and its environment, identify connections, adopt different perspectives and quickly respond to changing circumstances in a strategic way.
- Ability to demonstrate comfort with change, and create the conditions in which the team feels comfortable and capable of working through in response to ambiguity.
- Strong communication skills.
As Director of UX Strategy and Operations, Consumer, you will define operational excellence for a global cross-functional team of UXers at the forefront of digital product design. You will enable and inspire the people around you to do their best work. You will approach challenging situations with calm, build trust and rapport with folks of diverse talents and backgrounds, and fluidly move from a high-level strategic perspective to detailed hands-on collaboration and decisions.
You’ll be part of the leadership team jointly setting the vision and strategy for UX and for the product experience for Google’s core products. You’ll also be working closely with VP level partners in Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and TPgM.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Enable cross-functional collaboration for effective product delivery across visual, motion, conversation, interaction design, UX engineering, research, writing, program management.
- Establish and evolve processes and shared workflows, including portfolio and program governance, prioritization, and communications.
- Foster effective partnerships and collaboration.
- Actively contribute to the UX leadership team, jointly setting the vision and strategy.
- Ensure team members have the right scope, skills, developmental support and partnerships to deliver operational excellence.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.