Applications will be accepted through August 11, 2021.
15 years of product or technical program/operations management experience across organizations
- 10 years of experience managing technical projects in the software engineering domain
- 5 years of experience leading and growing teams within technical program management or equivalent
About the job
Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, creating commitment toward success in their teams and peers
- Ability to work well cross-functionally in a matrixed environment, driving product excellence across many different product areas
- Ability to effectively influence cross-functionally with all levels of management
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Ability to make tough decisions and understand the risks, tradeoffs, and rewards that go along with those decisions
You will have extensive experience bringing teams together to manage and lead complex projects across multiple areas at Google. You will have a proven track record in effectively managing strategic, well coordinated efforts with a goal to optimize for execution and efficiency across the Technical Program Manager (T/PgM) team. This includes managing project schedules, ensuring projects are properly scoped and resourced, identifying risks, and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders.
As the Director, T/PgM of Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR), you will work closely with Engineering, Product Management, and Operations across all of the AR/VR team and interface with teams in the broader Devices & Services team. You have the capacity to understand and work with complex systems, and enjoy the challenge of solving/simplifying complex problems. You will be leading a team of T/PgMs and T/PgM managers, and partner with leadership teams to deliver on programs.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Drive technical projects from requirements through launch, including managing complex project schedules, removing roadblocks, and keeping processes running smoothly.
- Work with, influence, and build trusting relationships with stakeholders across the AR/VR team and the Devices and Services Product Area.
- Partner closely with engineering, product management, and operations teams to define, prioritize, and implement features, infrastructure, processes, and workflows.
- Manage communication of progress and status within the team and with our partners.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.