Applications will be accepted through August 4, 2021.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of people management experience, leading global teams.
- Experience in management consulting or technology strategy/project delivery management experience.
About the job
Experience in the commerce industry with payments technologies, service providers, processors, and/or digital platform partners.
- Familiarity with delivering projects, running operations, and building organizational alignment in a complex stakeholder environment.
- Proven ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast paced matrixed structure.
The gTech Users and Products (gUP) team’s mission is to help users get the most out of Google. We represent the voice of Google's users and many of our partners globally, sharing our unique insights with the broader Google organization to enable exceptional customer and product experiences. Our teams build innovative solutions that take customer experience and engagement with Google to the next level, supporting users across products, countries, cultures, and identities.
The gUP Payments & NBU (Next Billion Users) team enables the product ecosystem to reach its fullest potential by designing an expert support strategy for Google’s global payments platform, consumer applications, and merchant services. We advocate for consumers, businesses, and partners in Payments & NBU product design, feature requests, and prioritization.
As gUP’s Director of Payments & NBU, you will have global responsibility for setting the support strategy across the Google Pay and Next Billion Users ecosystem. In this role, you'll lead an organization focused on representing our users and partners, while collaborating closely with senior leaders across the cross-functional Payments & NBU leadership team to deliver on the business strategy. You'll keep the big picture in focus while diving into the product and business challenges of your stakeholders, partners, and consumers. Finally, you'll be a thought partner and an inspiring leader to your high performing team, driving the organization to continuously influence product strategy, prioritize the highest impact projects, make data-driven recommendations, and create compelling business reviews for executive stakeholders.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of trusted advisors support customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
To learn more about gTech, check out our video.
- Lead a US-based team directly and have dotted line oversight of global teams driving consumer operations, partner engineering, and platform support across the Payments & NBU ecosystem.
- Collaborate with leaders in the product, engineering, business development, and cross-functional organizations to create shared success objectives and deliver on business goals.
- Grow and develop a high performing organization while providing vision and setting direction. Successfully inspire and lead the team through ambiguity and change in an extremely dynamic environment.
- Own global decision-making and serve as the primary point-of-contact for the customer experience for Google Pay and NBU support, including re-engineering processes, innovating service models, and pivoting the team for the highest impact.
- Represent the voice of the user, provide strategic insights, and lead continuous improvement efforts to develop a customer-focused support organization and product strategy.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.