Applications will be accepted through June 24th, 2021.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience of combined facilities management, building operations and real estate design/project management; service experience with an emphasis on facilities, hospitality, property/asset management and/or equivalent office management experience with a global organization.
About the job
Extensive experience developing and managing budgets with excellent financial, vendor and contract management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and work cross-functionally within a large organization.
- Ability to think "out of the box" and bring creative, nonstandard, and innovative solutions to the table.
- Advanced strategic and operational facilities/property management or real estate project management skills, together with the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Advanced people management and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels.
As the Director of Facilities for BayView and Charleston East, you will join the Real Estate and Workplace Services Organization. You will oversee the strategic direction of the facilities and technical building operations teams for these two large unique campuses. You will be accountable for services and programs, which include building systems and operations, financial management, people logistics and occupancy strategies. Your high-level management abilities, strategic thinking and leadership skills will allow you to manage the service delivery across functions, departments, and businesses.
You will be comfortable working in a matrixed organization, building trust in difficult situations, getting buy-in and consensus from leaders with diverse opinions, driving decision making where trade-offs are required, and keeping information circulating so that Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) can grow coherently as Google expands.
Your team is client-facing, and collaborates with our internal support teams to solve complex workspace challenges and achieve outcomes that exceed our client's expectations. You will ensure that vendor partners working with the team are operating as an extension of REWS, and own and manage large-scale projects, programs, agreements and operations of high complexity.
The Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) team creates inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring Google’s culture and values to life. We build and maintain all aspects of what keeps our Googley workspaces operating seamlessly across multiple cities and regions globally. We also manage the industry-leading services that help make Google a great place to work - from how we design healthy and collaborative workspaces, create energizing food experiences, provide convenient transportation and fitness options, to delivering inclusive environments where Google and our employees can thrive.
- Leverage Real Estate expertise to lead a matrixed team of professionals to create a strategy to deliver REWS services in new large-scale developments.
- Leverage broad expertise and in-depth collective knowledge in REWS and cross-functional subject matter experts (including real estate, critical operations, safety/security, food, events, etc.) to lead a unified approach to REWS service delivery.
- Create collaborative opportunities, cultivate partnerships, and drive consensus building with stakeholders to address challenges, or identify new opportunities and solutions to further business goals. Work cross-functionally with other internal support organizations, such as IT, HR, Finance and Legal to ensure cohesive delivery of services.
- Communicate departmental mission, values, and strategies to executive management.
- Build advanced relationships with user groups and business leaders, to convey intentionality of REWS programs and services and to meet complex business needs.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.