Applications will be accepted through August 20, 2021.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Seattle, WA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA
15 years of professional experience in software engineering.
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems.
About the job
Collaborative working style and ability to manage projects with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to align cross-functional stakeholders around common goals
The Google Cloud Commerce organization is responsible for growth for all paths to market for Google Cloud. We optimize for standardized and frictionless experiences as we must evolve ahead of Google Cloud’s own business growth and stages of maturity in order to be successful.
As a senior engineering leader in Google Cloud Commerce, you will lead a subset of the engineering organization where you’ll define and develop the roadmap and technical strategy for our next generation commerce systems. You will work closely with your counterparts across Commerce, Google Cloud Systems, Payments, Go-to-Market, and Finance teams to balance the competing needs of all sales channels, products, and integrators across Google. You’ll develop policy and practices to ensure financial compliance, solid reliability, and effective execution and delivery for your area. As the person responsible for every dollar of revenue handled by our platform, you’ll have measurable, real-world impact in an area of Google Cloud that has consistent CEO-level visibility.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Lead vision and execution for a subset of the Commerce organization, starting within Google Cloud Billing but with influence and leadership across the Marketplace and Resale teams as we execute as one Commerce organization
- Partner closely with senior leadership in engineering and product managers. Ensure alignment with engineering and product priorities.
- Provide oversight of delivery across the complete portfolio of Commerce initiatives
- Lead and inspire an organization of engineers working on every aspect of Google’s Cloud’s commercialization efforts, with a goal of driving alignment amongst engineering and partner organizations spanning the globe.
- Build a healthy, scalable, inclusive, and growth-oriented engineering organization and develop the next generation of technical leadership needed to grow Google Cloud’s business.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.