Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Austin, TX, USA
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of directly relevant industry experience.
- Experience with microprocessor architecture, and experience in microarchitecture definition and RTL design for modern CPUs
- Experience with front end design and power analysis tools for CPU.
About the job
Master’s degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 7 years of directly relevant industry experience
- Experience with modern processor microarchitecture and related technologies and algorithms.
- Experience as part of a processor front end design team, for ARM based state-of-the-art processors.
- Familiarity with up-to-date ARM Instruction Set Architecture.
- Knowledge of general purpose operating system such as Linux and Android.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information—hardware. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Contribute to CPU frontend designs, emphasizing on microarchitecture and RTL design for the next generation CPU.
- Propose performance enhancing microarchitecture features with efficiency in mind. Work with architects and performance teams for trade-off studies. Communicate pros and cons of microarchitecture enhancements. Facilitate final decision making.
- Deliver designs meeting Product Area goals with production quality.
- Become familiar with state-of-the-art techniques for at least one processor functional block. Interpret the techniques into design constructs and languages in order to provide guidance to and participate in the performance modeling effort.
- Work closely with the functional verification team to ensure production quality designs, and with the physical design team to meet frequency, power, and area goals.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.