Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience working in data engineering implementations (e.g., data architecture, data processing pipelines, data validation, and monitoring).
- Experience in SQL, Python, and OOP (Object Oriented Python).
- Experience in data quality, metadata data management, data discovery, reporting, and analytics.
About the job
Knowledge of one or more Finance functional areas (e.g. accounting, planning and budgeting, business intelligence, payroll, procure-to-pay, order-to-cash).
- Ability to drive and execute full life-cycle system implementations (analyze, design, build, test, implement, support), influence across all levels of the organization, and partner effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals and align data initiatives with Finance strategy.
- Ability to embrace change and exhibit a bias for action.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong analytical skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity and evolving complexities in a rapidly changing business environment.
We build technology, policies, and frameworks to make it easy and intuitive for Finance users to do the right thing when it comes to protecting our Finance data. We enable Finance teams to deliver high value to our business partners while minimizing the risk of exposure and ensuring regulatory compliance.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for shaping and growing the Finance Data Governance practice. You will work closely with Finance leads as well as Product and Corporate Engineering and will play a critical role in developing and executing a plan for overall data security, data quality, and data governance. You are a highly technical, quantitative, driven, and creative person with a passion for operational excellence and introducing cutting-edge technology to enable seamless and robust processes. You’re relentless in identifying opportunities to enhance operational performance, mitigate risks, and lead large-scale initiatives to ensure a highly-controlled, exceptional financial data platform is delivered.
- Design and build scalable data processing pipelines, self-serve business intelligence, Extract Transform and Load (ETL), and other infrastructure enhancements to deliver high-quality data products.
- Build innovative solutions and drive the execution of strategic initiatives to help Finance teams keep data safe and secure, and adhere to applicable policies and guidelines.
- Leverage available tools and infrastructure to implement systematic data asset management, monitoring, and control initiatives for Finance.
- Create cross-functional partnerships with Product and Corporate Engineering teams and engage with privacy leaders across Finance to unify and cohesive data governance roadmap.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.